10 Things Most People Don't Know About Me
I figured, with the official launch of the Ashley Jane brand, now would be as good of a time as ever to introduce myself! But not the boring things that you can read in a bio, no, I want to share what makes me, me.
1. I drink copious amounts of tea daily.
I'm talking like 6 - 8 cups. I don't love coffee, but will have a latte here and there. But tea - that is my weakness. And no, I don't drink the super healthy green tea either. It's normally black tea; orange pekoe or earl grey. The way to my heart? Tea.
2. I backpacked Europe for 6 weeks with my best friend in 2015, and just went back for more with my fiancé this past summer. I love travelling - but this time felt different. We had just moved into our new house, and by the end, I was very ready to come home and start settling in - unlike the first time I went, when I could've stayed there for a few more months and been completely happy.
3. I have a small bean tattoo on the outside of my right ankle.
It's for my dog (who is really my mums dog) that I love with my entire heart. The best part is, her name isn't even Bean - it's Harley. But, she's always been my bean and I will continue to call her Bean for the rest of our lives.
4. I used to be a competitive dancer.
Okay, some people know this one. Especially if you've come from Ashley Ciona Photography, which is my dance-specialized photo brand. My love for dance only grows as a photographer of the art, and I can't imagine myself ever leaving the dance world.
5. I am terrified of thunder storms.
In fact, the storm we had last night sent me into a full-blown panic attack. I wish I was over-exaggerating. If the power goes out, I will drive, however long, to somewhere that has power. We're really not sure where this irrational fear began, but you won't catch me anywhere near a window if it starts storming. I also get those notifications on my phone if there are any storms forecasted for the next 48 hours - because I will start preparing as if the apocalypse is coming.
6. I'm half British, half Ukrainian.
With a last name like Ciona, I often get "are you Italian?!" but sadly, no I was not born into the sun-loving, fashion-forward culture of Italia. Instead, my mum was born in England (hence why I use the term mum, and not mom) and my dad's side is from Ukraine. I'm also marrying into a Macedonian family - who, by far, has the best wedding traditions.
7. The first thing I do when I get home is change into sweatpants or leggings. One does not simply wear jeans in the house on purpose.
8. My favourite season is fall, and my least favourite might be summer.
Unpopular opinion, I know. To be fair, there is a lot to love about summer. But there is so much more to love about fall. Sweaters, blankets, more tea, candles, soup, family dinners, what else do you need?
9. I have a plant wall in my house. I joke around with Nate, my fiancé, that it helps with seasonal depression. I don't know if that's actually true, but they make me really happy, thus I will always find an excuse to bring a plant home - and don't get me started on handmade pottery.
10. If I had a million dollars...
There's so many things I would do - and I would probably have a hard time choosing, to be honest. I would probably travel, pay off some of that student debt (because we all know how good that would feel) and move into a bigger house. But, even if I had just a bit more money, my goal is to one day buy everything from artisans. I'd shop local, and focus on quality items versus the price. For now, my Ikea furniture certainly does the trick.
You made it to the end! That means I didn't bore you to pieces. Yay!